I was also trilingual as a toddler (and some would say, also verbose!), and still use two of those languages. I have no memory of being fluent in the third language, although likewise it comes back to some extent when in immersive language environments. I've also noticed that I can understand some conversations where, if you asked me to translate consciously, I wouldn't be able to pick out more than a few personal pronouns, yet somehow I can grasp the gist.

I consider myself good, but not exceptionally gifted, in languages, although I am pretty good at picking up accents. One of my siblings is the other way around--accents not so good, but strong metalinguistic skills, which I think provides an entry point to acquiring new languages through pattern recognition and code-breaking.

Returning to early memory, there are some researchers whose models contend that the retentiveness and clarity of early memories is connected to the age at which individuals acquire language--that we use language to store and retrieve memory to such a great extent that the absence of language prevents most people from either storing or retrieving early memories. Those whose earliest memories are sensory or emotional in nature may disagree.

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...