Thank you for your ideas so far. I have a cousin with DCD, so maybe it's hidden in the genes somewhere? I guess my main issue with DCD is I don't feel DS is particularly clumsy. He doesn't trip or fall or bump into things. He does drop his pencil a lot though. And I totally forgot, but he writes a lot of numbers and a few letters backwards as well as from bottom to top. He doesn't know left from right either. Everyone agrees his handwriting is neat for his age, but that he does write quite slowly.

Luckily our school does not have any homework, so I don't have to deal with any of this myself. It's just that behavior is always a problem with DS and since it is so much worse during reading, writing, art, and gym activities I want to make sure there is nothing going on that we can work on outside of school therapy wise. It's so hard to tell sometimes what is a result of adhd, a possible unknown disability, or just poor behavior.

Most of his poor classroom behavior is extreme silliness or escape behaviors such as hiding under his desk or running out of the classroom. It's the extreme silliness that gets him sent to the office due to the level of disruption it causes the class. I just want to make sure that we are helping him as much as we should to do his best, no more and no less. It's so hard to set expectations when his neurology is still such a mystery smirk