Thanks aeh! A couple of follow up questions.

1) How should the low VCI-similarities score be interpreted in the context of his profile? I looked up some sample questions - describe how is a dog and a cat different, stuff like that. What does a relatively low score mean? Lack of expression? Lack of vocabulary (doesn't seem like it since he got 16 in VCI-vocab). A few observations of him - he reads very fast and figures out the context of the passage as a whole, but he does not know what many of the individual words mean when I ask him. However, his guess on what those words mean (even when wrong on exact definition) does make sense in the context of the passage. Also, looking at some of his ELA school work, he makes up words phonically and doesn't look up the correct spelling. A classic example from first grade - "I help my friends do meth (math!)"

2) What does a really high processing speed mean? I saw your description of pen-and-paper speed for rote visual-motor tasks. Does that mean he is efficient?

3) Should we ask the testing psychologist to dig deeper into the discrepancy in NVI/VCI? You had suggested that he may just have a tilted profile - what does that mean?

Thanks!

Last edited by galun; 10/27/16 08:44 AM.