We haven't had this specific problem but we've had the experience of having some teachers follow the 504 without question and others being lax. When you had the original 504 meeting, were all of the teachers in attendance? Did your dd attend the meeting also? I've found that's the single most helpful thing for us in getting teachers to follow the 504... often things like this type of accommodation turn out slightly different in implementation in the 504 than the way I'd imagined they'd work best, because the teachers have different ideas about what will and won't work for the teachers in the classroom - and that's ok, as long as the challenge is accommodated.

My ds was highly ef-challenged and had trouble writing down assignments and keeping assignments organized. Rather than having teachers check what he'd written down, his teachers let him take a picture of the assignments that were written on the board. Chances are there are some classes where assignments aren't written on the board, but that's one possibility for a start with some classes. The other thing we did was reinforce reinforce reinforce at home until it became habit (which took years... but it was so worth it!). When ds was in 6th grade and I thought getting him organized was absolutely hopeless I read a post online from a mom of a teen with adhd who said she'd hired a college student to pick her ds up at school, review what he'd done in each class that day and what the homework was in each class, made sure he had the correct set of books etc in his backpack, and drove him home. I did that for my ds for much of the next two years - and still today ask him to tell me about what he did in school and what his homework is every day after he comes home. I imagine you're already doing this, but mention it only because it, combined with having at least one teacher each year who was organized and gave systematic homework out (usually in math, where there was an assignment every day, turn it in in the same place every day etc) - those two things really did help. I still talk through my ds' assignments with him every day, but at this point he can manage without that - our talks have turned into focusing more on planning and how he's dividing up his time. The other benefit - they've given us an expectation of checking in with each other through those early teen years when so many kids don't want to check in with parents... this has been so helpful to me in other ways I've done the same thing with my younger kids who don't have ef challenges smile

Back to the 504 - I think honestly it's not going to be easy to get each teacher to check each day. Our ds was offered the solution mentioned in one reply above - a study hall / study skills class at the end of each day, where the teacher would check to be sure he had all of his assignments written down and if not, he would be sent back to each class to get the assignments. We opted to *not* have ds take that class because it would have replaced one of only two electives in his schedule.

My recommendation is to call a 504 meeting (you can have another meeting to address issues like this at any time), request that the teachers be at the meeting, point out that the accommodation isn't being followed, and have a discussion that's open to the possibility of a different way of implementing the accommodation. If the team can't find a different way, then keep the accommodation in place as it is, but at least the teachers who aren't following it now will have a reinforcement that it does need to be followed.

Best wishes,

polarbear