Originally Posted by NotherBen
[quote=ElizabethN]
Before school started, the caseworker told me in an email that going over daily assignments was a given in the supported study hall, and reiterated that in our beginning-of-the-year IEP meeting.

If this is in your IEP as a goal/accommodation, then the IEP isn't being followed, and that's how you need to follow up. I don't think that it's reasonable to request teachers post daily assignments online - it's been our HS experience that some teachers do this, some post on their board, some hand out assignment lists by unit or the month etc. As the parent of a highly disorganized child who's spent years working with that child to help them learn how to successfully manage keeping track of homework, my suggestion is to instead look at what will work for the student to help the student keep track, and include that as an accommodation in the IEP. Chances are it might not look like what would help you or me keep track smile

Our schools emphasized daily planners for all students in elementary and middle school, but that just didn't ever work for my ds. His phone is what works best for him - he has an app where he can take notes, save pictures and set reminders. He's also allowed use of his cell phone specifically for this purpose as part of his 504 plan. This isn't the one and all great total solution - prior to his finding his app, I also spent several years asking him specifically what he'd done in class each day (after school) and what his homework was, writing it down for him at home, and double checking that it was done and in his notebook(s) to take back to school the next day. For our ds, it took years to become functional with respect to this type of organization. Since your ds has a study hall and case worker check-in at the end of each day, going over his planner (or whatever works for him to track assignments) is a good plan for handling homework and learning organizational skills - and it's a *really* typical IEP accommodation/goal.

Best wishes,

polarbear