As we enter our first (and last) year with an IEP, DS17 is already behind on assignments. He has a guided study hall next-to-last class of the day with his case worker, who is supposed to be going over his daily assignments and their status with him. When I asked DS to show me his assignment notebook, it turned out he had not been using it, and didn't even carry it around school. He was quite surprised when I turned around in the school driveway and sent him in to get it from his locker. *I* was quite surprised when he had it in his hand when he came back out. Sure enough, completely empty. I had him fill it in I with the day's assignments from memory. Scary thought, I know. Every day is like that. He might have something written in, but not everything. I don't know if it's complete or not, because I have no way to check. Until PowerSchool shows up with 0s.

So, I specifically asked the case worker to go over the assignment notebook every day and to check against the teachers. It is especially important to do it at school when he can contact teachers for clarification and get a timely response. They do respond later in the evening, but maybe not if a kid starts the last assignment after 10:00.

Almost a week later, that check is not going on. I've requested a meeting with the case worker, DS, and me to address the methods to be used to achieve the "turn in homework on time, 80% of the time" goal. Only one teacher has a class website, and the pertinent pages are all on Google Drive where I don't have permissions. I talked to the Help Desk who fluttered "NO parents have that access". I explained about the IEP; case managers don't have access either. Criminy.

No other teachers post the assignments online. He is a senior in two APs, two "Beyond AP" (Multivariable calc, for example), and and honors course.

The question I have is: If I request it via the IEP, which has an explicit goal regarding homework turn-ins, are DS' teachers required to follow my request to have all their assignments posted online?