I would love some suggestions for books/toys/resources DS who loves science and says he wants to be a scientist when he grows up. He enjoys all things science with the exception of anatomy and paleontology. Skeletons seem to freak him out a bit--so going to the store with him once Halloween decorations are up is not fun.

Anyway, he was really into astronomy but this has waned (somewhat) and his new loves seem to be chemistry (enjoys copying the periodic table and writing formulas--we have an app that helps with this) and geology. He does like some robotics. He takes a lot of notes. He also likes to take cardboard boxes, old tubes, empty soda bottles, etc and tape them together and make new things--currently we have a periscope, a ladybug house, a marble run and some type of thing that he says is to catch and funnel water.

He has two snap circuit kits but he puts those together so quickly that I wonder if he has outgrown them. We have done some science kits. I remember the Magic School Bus (chemistry?) and a magic science kit. He's not a strong reader (probably right on grade level) and he lacks confidence in reading. He loves the See Inside and Look Inside Usborne Books but he seems to have memorized most of the information. He enjoys books with lots of illustrations.

I am planning on buying the Usborne Science Encyclopedia (with internet links). Any other suggestions? Thank you.