Good advice above.

I will add that, when moving a student on an IEP up to an honors or pre-AP level, it is generally unlikely that the school system will send an instructional aide with her, unless the support person is there for medical, physical, or sensory impairment reasons. But I assume, based on the area of greatest need that you name, that social studies is probably not one of the subjects with an aide.

She still has a right to all of the accommodations on her plan, though specialized instruction would be inappropriate in an advanced academic course. Given your stated concerns with listening comprehension, I would imagine that is one of the reasons the school has not previously suggested a level change. You and your child may wish to be prepared with a thoughtful response to this legitimate concern. (E.g., her reading comprehension is excellent, and the bulk of content is accessible in the assigned readings, therefore any gaps that might occur in lectures will readily be filled through text resources. Or, the more advanced class has a greater mapping and geography component, which plays to her visual strengths (assuming that's true).)

The main challenge you will have is demonstrating that she requires accommodations only to be successful in the more advanced social studies class. If she requires more academic support than can be provided by the general education teacher making accommodations, then the school cannot really justify placing her higher. If she does not require accommodations in that class, then she may need her IEP services/supports reduced, as she is probably ready to begin transitioning to more independent management of her academic needs in social studies.

Having established that she is an appropriate learner for the advanced class, with accommodations, you may also find the way smoother if you can give the receiving teacher/department head a clear, organized, and easy-to-implement (very) short list of the accommodations she would need to be successful, and how they will make that teacher's life easier and more satisfying as an educator.

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...