I think it's really easy for people who haven't lived w/ this to judge what is best for ADHD or whether it's even a real disorder, whether drugs are helpful or harmful, etc. The second quote shows someone who is making broad judgments and stereotypes. Statements like this really bother me because they paint a picture of parents trying to medicate children who do not actually have a disorder, in order to make them perfect. Maybe that happens in SOME cases but I have a hard time believing that's the norm, or even common. The other day I had a pharmacist, of all people LECTURE me about the stimulant drug I was picking up, and she told me "Don't give this to her everyday unless she actually needs it." I told her that the doc prescribed it EVERY DAY and it's not her place to tell me otherwise. She said "Doctors don't always know what they're doing." Oh, Ok. So the pharmacist knows better how to treat ADHD than the doctor and feels qualified to give advice?

My daughter did therapy and it was quite frankly, a joke and maybe even harmful because the therapist was so poor. It's really hard to get into a good therapist.

Today I sat with my daughter and tried to do math with her and she completely spaced out doing a simple math calculation and got distracted by about 5 different noises doing this simple calculation (which occurred outside the room we were in, through a closed door), then she started crying in frustration and got really worked up and anxious. If I sent her to school unmedicated she would probably be nonfunctional. So I get tired of everyone having an opinion and making broad judgments when they have never personally experienced a child like this. That being said, I appreciate the link, it never hurts to read about any new research that might be out there, as long as it's decent.