I'm not sure if what I am about to share is an OE, but this seems like the best place for this story.

Last night DS5 had his swimming lessons at our local outdoor pool. After the lesson we went to the attached park. It was a beautiful evening and there was a "music in the park" free concert going on. We decided to walk over to the stage area and listen to one or two songs before heading home. There was only one man on the stage and we arrived in time to watch/hear him sing an acoustic version of a lesser-known Neil Young song. DS5 was immediately taken with the music, asking me to record it and wanting me to hold him up so that he could see better. He was so moved by the music that he started hugging me tight and putting his head down on my shoulder. I asked him if he was okay and he said he loved the song and that it made it feel "happy-sad". We decided to leave after the song was over but when we got to the parking lot, it was obvious that DS5 was upset by something. When I asked him what was wrong, he said through tears that he "loved that song" and that he just had to know what song it was. Luckily DH was able to figure it out and we didn't have to go back to the bandstand to wait until the set was over so that we could ask the musician what song it was!

What a precious gift to be so moved by music that it makes you cry. I wasn't expecting to see this in a child so young but I now know that we had better give this kid more opportunities to listen to music and see it performed live. He had his piano lesson this morning... I am hoping that music will continue to be a source of joy/sorrow for him as he grows up.

Last edited by HJA; 08/05/16 10:24 AM.