Originally Posted by Val
I'll also add that I don't think this site is an appropriate place to air grievances that are internal to a family or are playing out in family court. We had an ugly thread here a while back where mom wrote in to complain about something, and then dad replied, having found his wife's messages. He was clearly very unhappy and thought she'd misprepresented his and the school's position. It was awful, and presumably didn't help their child.

But it did help the lawyers.

Remember, lawyers are people too! Even family lawyers!

Chat board messages and e-mails are one of the litigation happy places. It's sometimes like finding an old buried pirate treasure full of gold, diamonds, and rum.

Back in the day, I spent many a billable hour on the Wayback Machine. Just used it the other day to see if a lawyer was fired from a local firm. It's good for tracking lawyer-firm employment history.

And I remember the days, back when I was fighting the great corporate intellectual property disputes, I would spend lots of time downloading websites to use in depositions.

One of those days, during a deposition, I had a nice filet mingnon sandwich in the local club. I tried to have it for lunch the next day, as well. That did not go quite as well, if I recall correctly. It was a nice little place. Part of the old rust belt industrial sector. Had that old school vibe. It was in decline, though. So there was a sadness to it, as well.

Good times.