Thanks for your replies everyone!

KJP, that's a really lovely way to put it smile Possibly you could add a third kid to that beach. The kid making balls out of sand and smashing them into the ground, or collecting shells and seeing how far she can throw them into the waves, or chasing birds, or balls or dogs or other kids or anyone/anything that can be chased. And being very loud about it the whole time. That's my girl! Occasionally destructive, but never malicious, and always a little on the crazy end of the loud/energetic spectrum!

I suppose my main concern was that she seems to be behind her peers in some normal stuff, like drawing, or being read to, because she just doesn't have the interest or ability to sit still for long enough. I suppose she has plenty of time to catch up though.

Aeh, thanks for giving me the term 'discovery learning'. I don't have much of a lexicon around this stuff yet, but that sounds very much like her learning style. Just like her father - can't be told.

RRD, I'm not sure if role playing counts as imagination, but if it does, then I think she's probably got a big imagination, given that I've been 'Owlette' and she's been 'Romeo' (from PJ Masks) for nearly a week now. She doesn't drop character, and corrects me if I do. :p