Info first, then questions:
DD11 has ADHD inattentive type. She has been on summer break for three weeks, and I find myself going crazy when she a)loses things b)gets lost in books c)does her intense computer research on everything from Harry Potter to typhoid to black holes. B and C mean she wouldn't know if a train was bearing down on her, never mind me, the mom, trying to get her to eat, brush teeth, etc. I felt terrible after I growled at her for losing her glasses (again). I have been getting very grumpy about all above.

We have not gone the medication route because she seemed to really do well this year at school with organization. She lost her lunchbox a few times, failed to turn in just ONE piece of homework, and only left an item at home once. Amazing! She also made straight A's with minimal effort.

Side note - socially she struggled. Kids made fun of her books (Basher physics, books on planets, etc). Some mean girl stuff. She did find some nice people in art, but I don't think she's BFF's with any. She's currently seeing someone for help with social issues.She's grade skipped and has a late birthday so she's a young middle schooler. School is out though, and she is so HAPPY!! And, she is having so much fun with her swim team and childhood friends.

Ok, sorry for the length. Question - While she appears to have it altogether at school how in the world is she doing it when she struggles so much at home? Is she expending a tremendous amount of energy trying to be organized at school that she could be using for brain power?
Thanks! I can't wait to hear some thoughts.