Just quickly (as I'll check a few things before I respond on a few things tomorrow): I forgot to mention that he's in 100% French immersion this year in grade 1, so she said that she expected that it would impact one (or a few) of his scores on a subset (or subsets). Could that be one of them? Of course, that leads me to wonder whether all of his verbal abilities scores might be slightly depressed since he has spent his entire school year learning in French. Or do the tests somehow accommodate for that?

And now that I don't feel like I'll embarrass myself saying this, I'm actually almost surprised that his scores aren't a bit higher. He does some pretty surprising stuff sometimes and it seems more than just MG. Of course, I wouldn't have stuck my neck out that way before I knew he's at least gifted! wink Make sense? Or maybe it's just that he's very strong in a few areas (as most GC are, of course).

Oh, and I forgot to mention that she said that she noticed a few times that he had added instead of subtracted and so she had to stop the testing before she tested him to his limits for math. And when she described the math abilities stuff, I felt quite certain that she didn't test to his abilities.

In any case, I'm still relieved that he's now identified as gifted. Now, I can legitimately say that he has a GC's OEs! 😂 Oh, that and we can get him an IEP!