In order of presentation, these are the standard scores. (A couple of them may be a point or two off, as more than one standard score may have the same percentile, especially in the upper extreme. For a few, I've also listed scaled scores, where it appears likely that it was a subtest, for which that is appropriate, rather than a composite score.):

[edit]

Yes, I think you are looking at a comfortably MG kiddo, based on current testing, with even development across verbal, visual spatial, and fluid reasoning areas, working memory in the high average range (although are you sure that working memory is 86th %ile, and not 96th %ile? If the verbal and visual memory tasks are what I think they are, the working memory composite should be in the mid to upper 90 percentiles), and processing speed in the average range.

He's young, and a boy, so it's possible the relative weaknesses in fine motor speed and precision are developmental, but I would certainly keep an eye on them, and also take them into account when making placement decisions and generating realistic expectations for the kind of tasks that may feed into frustration. Whether developmental or otherwise, it is reasonable that fine motor skills would affect his comfort level with writing tasks in the immediate future.

I would also not ignore the second-lowest category, which is phonological awareness. It's not clear what instrument she used to assess this, but a score in the high average range in a very young MG child may or may not rule out significant weaknesses in phonological awareness. It depends on the complexity of the PA task(s) involved (and it's still over a standard deviation lower than his other cognitive skills). I do not discount the hypothesis that his reading frustration reflects a gap between the kind of text that he wants to access and his level of reading skill, but I would also not totally discount the possibility of a subtle reading hindrance of some kind (which could be purely developmental in itself).

Last edited by aeh; 07/12/16 02:11 PM. Reason: delete scores

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...