I am sorry for the delay in my response, we have been out of town. Thank you so much for your detailed response, aeh. This was very helpful in understanding a little more about this particular aspect of the testing process. I was informed that there are four more subscales left to complete in the achievement portion, and to go ahead and plan on another 3 hours.

To your earlier point, you are correct; my little guy is definitely not a neurotypical child. smile However, I am unsure if he actually meets the traditional definition of gifted or not. I sincerely hope the testing we are doing will help answer some of our questions because we are stuck in this murky gray area right now that is incredibly frustrating.

Our situation is a little complicated because DS8 has a diagnosis of ASD and given his natural tendency for concrete thinking and literal interpretations, I am unsure if the cognitive portion of the testing is actually going to provide an accurate assessment of his capabilities.

In addition, he struggles with a fine motor delay and a rather extreme tendency for perfectionism so timed writing or subtests like block design pose a significant challenge.

I was informed that DS is supposed to receive a fine motor test to determine the extent of this delay before they formally select an IQ test. Do you happen to have any opinion on which cognitive test tends to be the most effective for 2e kiddos with similar challenges?