DS9 (3rd grade) is about to finish his first year at a private school in town. I was happy with it, overall, but he says it wasn't "fun". He's very smart but rushes his work. His teacher was strict and not very warm towards him. He goofs off a bit in class, but even when he was trying to ask serious questions he said she would think he was joking around. He loves to learn new things but he has to feel like he's in charge and it needs to be fun for him or he loses interest. I would like him to have a teacher who understands him better next year. I'm not sure if I want to ask for special placement, but I really don't want a repeat of this year where he's dragging himself out of bed, dreading school. I don't think he would be any happier back at public school. He's had mental health issues and I really feel like the atmosphere at school would make all the difference. He spends so much time there I feel like it should be the best experience for him. How would you (or would you at all) phrase a message to the head of the lower school, asking about class placement next year?