Originally Posted by fjzh
Well now that the testing is done, have any idea how you'll present the results? We've procrastinated for weeks now in sharing anything with our daughter after only telling her that it was to "learn how she learns." I'd love to hijack this thread for advice on what to say after smile
Hmm, tried to post in response to this but my post somehow disappeared.

We're planning on being pretty straightforward with him (glad aeh thinks this is a good idea, as I've quickly learned to trust her advice), including about any possible LDs. I would think it would be helpful to explain to him that X is the reason handwriting is so hard for him, and we can do Y to help him with it. On the other hand, we may temper the truth if there is something dramatic about the results.

Oh, and as an update - he is really enjoying the testing. Apparently he interrupted some instructions to tell Dr. A that she's really nice and that "this is really fun". He also talked my ear off about it the whole way back. Mind you, I figured out that he must have gotten a whole section wrong - it was to do with the relative weight of objects and he didn't catch on (given that it was in pictures, I guess) that different sized objects can weigh the same thing. Sigh. George C, I may not have to eat my hat after all!

Can't believe we have to wait until July for the results (I don't do well with waiting)! And who knows, I may have to leave this forum if it turns out he's not actually gifted! blush