My DD11 has these kinds of splits but in the opposite direction. Her last round of testing the evaluator said her numbers exist in 0.0% of the population. High verbal ability and comprehension with literally just about every processing issue there is. Her numbers were not as high as this child's though.

The main thing I have learned is unique scenarios require an open mind and out of the box thinking. This will not be a case of plugging the child into a preestablished formula or even reinventing a previously invented wheel. Getting this child what s/he needs will mean inventing a wheel. And then inventing it again and again. Because my DD is profoundly learning disabled we have focused on remediating as much as possible while enriching in ways that tap into her strengths. Only now is the gifted side of things starting to become a higher priority.

It will be important to gather a team of professionals that get it. And I mean *really* get it. Few people will encounter a child like this more than once in a career and to be effective they have to be open minded and willing to learn. This can be hard for folks who are used to being in the role of "expert".

I would also suggest trying to get a handle on basic social skills as early as possible. My DD's sweet, personable nature has helped a lot. This kind of split with a kid who is also annoying or unpleasant to be around will makes things very difficult. This kind of smarts can bring out a very unpleasant side of certain adults. As a parent I have had to develop a certain radar and be ready to intervene to keep DD from emotional/psychological Injury. Sad but true.

Mostly tell the parents to buckle up and get ready for a very interesting ride!