Hello all!

This is an interesting scenario for me, as I work in child assessment and am typically the one providing the answers to questions about test results. But I've come upon a particularly noteworthy profile, and was curious to know of similar real life situations in order to discuss with the parent the probable trajectory of their child's measured IQ, and possible reasons for the unusual discrepancy.
The child was 3.5, and given the DAS-II. The verbal composite was in the high average range (110-119), while the nonverbal composite was 170--the highest the DAS goes for that age. The child hit the ceiling on both nonverbal subtests (t-scores of 90 for both--again, the highest the DAS goes for that age). The child has no noted language issues, and the parents were not expecting this at all. They were expecting closer to the high average range.
Thoughts? Experiences? This was a fascinating situation, for me. Of course, I plan to use the SB-5 on this child to get a better, clearer picture of the child's cognitive functioning, but I had never seen anything quite like this before.

Thanks in advance!