Eco--yuck. Yes, I do think there is a lot of rigidity which tends to mean they are also very opinionated, and also people not wanting to apologize or admit they were wrong about anything, even when it's right in their face. I always get the feeling that no one really cares what I have to say, they are not even interested, really. They have their own ideas and minds made up. When I found out that DS's neuropsych report had been sitting there for 1.5 years and no one read it, and even after I mentioned it was there, still no one read it or showed any interest in reading it, I was just scratching my head. It had so much info that could have been useful to them. The only person who seemed interested was the nurse. So in the article they talk about having IEEs done. But I have no interest in explaining an IEE to people who don't really care anyway. They have proven helpful though, in terms of reversing the course of direction that the school was going to take. Not so much because the school finally "got it" but because it was documentation that I needed to fight them, and they knew it.