I searched and read every thread with "coding" and low-processing speed and still don't understand what it means.

What kinds of problems would you expect from a child with a barely average coding score (8) relative to higher scores in every other subtest?

I ask this in frustration, after watching DS sit on the couch with the laptop and type one sentence of a research paper in several hours' time. The research was printed and in front of him, I'd given him a very systematic way to deal with it, and he understood the subject matter well enough.

I made sure he didn't stray into youtube, bribed, coddled, threatened, etc. and he just sat there making weird noises, humming, squeaking, etc. and occasionally throwing his stress ball against the wall. He wasn't even in a bad mood--just totally out in lala land. WHAT IS THIS? Is this related to his 2E profile, and which part?

He is very frustrating. I can't tell how much is can't and how much is won't or "prefers not to." I try to be compassionate and look at this as a lagging skill set but I can't figure out which skill(s) are indicated.