Originally Posted by Malraux
I personally remain deeply skeptical of differentiation to address the needs of highly able students for appropriate pacing, difficulty, and instruction. Being "challenged every day" sounds nice, but I prefer the framing of "learning something new every day." Doing basic math facts every day to increase speed is being challenged, but there's obviously a diminishing return of educational value.
Agreed.

You may have already read this elsewhere on the forums, but because there are always new readers, I'll link to a couple of posts which some may see as negative but which are important nonetheless.
1) Differentiation[/i] is just a buzzword. It only means [i]something is different... it does not mean that the education is better suited for the child.
2) Challenges [/i]which may close gaps by capping the growth of kids at the top. Yes, some schools actually provide "services" designed to provide [i]equal outcomes for all students, by keeping the top students spinning their wheels with busywork until they are stuck in a rut.

Although your child is enrolled in a private school, not a public school, and therefore any advocacy would hinge solely on school policy (as opposed to State laws for public schools plus school/district policy), you may which to learn the 5Ws of any customized educational plan or differentiation/challenge introduced into your child's school day experience. Do not settle for buzzwords.