Depends on why you want the scores, maybe.

My 2E (Asperger's) son's scores have bounced around a lot and his highest GAI was when he was six. I think it's because he was an early reader and had an advanced vocabulary and it stood out age wise at that time. His pre-school home life was likely more enriched than it was once school began, and elementary school was a breeze.

In our district, once they qualify for gifted services, they always qualify. He did qualify for the MS full time gifted program, but that has been a mixed bag.

His GAI has steadily declined since age six. He could have been DYS in kindergarten, but would not qualify now.

His vocabulary is still his strongest area and VCI is still quite high, and he's very bright--but not DYS gifted. I suspect he might qualify if he took ACT because he's a good tester.

I think I'm saying time is not necessarily your friend when it comes to testing 2E. Most of the time IQ scores do "regress toward the mean" somewhat but in my son's case they've been kinda erratic, especially in the nonverbal area.

Last edited by eco21268; 05/01/16 02:44 PM.