Since I am DH of the poster I have different perception of what went on.

DD is in the 2nd grade she is pretty advanced, mixed class HA/NO HA; school adopted "no grades" K-2nd grade policy. Teacher like to work on the boards so little papers come home.

School Teacher - 20 years experience, teaches decent high level math for the 2nd grade HA: addition of negative positive integer, decimals, multiplication of decimals, fractions, etc.

Reading she does District recommended HA plan [probably mandated]. However this falls many levels below DD current reading level. She read couple low fiction books during entire year, and few non-fiction magazine stories. Lower than expected level, IMHO esp from HA program.

DW went with an attitude, failed to stay on subject, used one too many times word YOU, teacher declared to be offended (not sure if it was genuine IMHO).

School proposed: independent assesment of DRA. Give her her level book to read and work on. Not sure why they felt new testing is needed ( Teacher knows she fudged DD DRA:? ).

The school adopted NWEA test, but NOT NWEA methodology. They do not want to do small ability based groups: "because kiddos do not want to read the same book" (b.s. IMHO). They gave them list of "words" that would clearly be helpful:). They preffer not to constantly advance based on NWEA results.

DW expect my DDs to stay in 98 - 99% (country) only with teaching @public school.