I guess, like you, I didn't feel I was being unreasonable either.

I mainly feel that we're in a Catch 22 position. Our school started giving MAP 3 years ago with letters to parents and high accolades that instruction was only going to get better. 3 years later they are no longer offering improvement plans and when one mentions MAP we are told the district has set curriculum even though they administer the test 3 times per year. They have gone backwards. And apparently are now even accusing parents who ask about it as hostile and possible threats?

We're in what is considered the 3rd highest district in our state, but after awhile on these forums, I'm realizing that what many here say about public schools and how they provide little solution is true. Even more so in our district which has over 20,000 students.

This as well as tons of problems with state testing results due to being tested on level with Common Core states (we've opted out of Common Core) and issues with a new tablet program which garnered a huge online protest (many openly admitting in their posts that the district had started to become more about "damage control" than anything else) has really dealt a blow to credibility.

This year they are trying for another referendum (they have had several now) but I notice support signs are way down and we have record voter registration due to the fall election. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Last edited by shifrbv; 04/11/16 08:05 AM.