This original topic posted by Ania is timely for our family.

I have begun to move into the �developing talent� phase in my considerations as to what is best for our kids. I would like to express thanks to the experts at the Davidson Institute and you all for guiding me toward this necessity. Thanks especially to you Ania for posting about specific programs and opportunities that you have pursued for your son and the accolades and recognition he has earned as a result of his aptitude, effort and achievement.

We have received our son�s EXPLORE results which validate that he is extremely talented in math and science when compared to 8th grade norms and also in relation to other highly talented 5th graders (whose mean generally exceeded the older students). He scored very well even though he has had minimal formal enrichment or acceleration. I find that periodic validation helps to renew my energy for advocacy. I am also inspired by the direction you all share.

My husband and I have come to the conclusion that no school in our area will provide the level of instruction that our son could handle during the next 31/2 years before high school. Our school is academically strong and offers some flexibility with subject acceleration, but I would not characterize it as a level 4 school. We do not have unlimited financial resources so we have decided to prioritize our kids intellectual pursuits above other desires. This means we are giving up a trip to Europe over the summer to pay for, drive to and spend time in far less glamorous locations around the U.S. so they can attend academic camps and we can improve our advocacy knowledge and skills.

Maybe we will see Europe with the kids next year. Thanks everyone � I think.