Sorry, I'm so late getting back! I kept checking and checking and my post had not shown up and I was sure that I did something wrong and it wasn't going to post.

Aeh, thank you thank you thank you. I know that it seemed like there was a lot of variation, but I couldn't make sense of it all. I have actually, recently researched NVLD and believe that it seems like a strong fit for my DD. Her ASD diagnosis is provisional, because she seems to cope well socially, so it could be a toss up between an ASD diagnosis or an NVLD diagnosis, or something completely different.

I also feel that her hesitancy to try and fail at something could have lowered her scores. She will avoid any task where she thinks she may not be proficient or have the correct answer.

You say that many of her index scores show internal inconsistencies. I'm not sure which subtests apply to which indices. Can you elaborate or tell me where I might find this information? In all of my googling, it seems more difficult to find info on the WPPSI than the WISC. :-)

I feel quite strongly that her scores would be somewhat higher if we could figure out exactly what is going on with her and how to help her. Unfortunately, I live in East Texas, which I'm sure you figured out, and we just don't seem to have the resources I need to get some more definitive answers about her. I'm considering waiting a year or two and then seeing if I can find someone within traveling distance that has experience testing 2E kids.

Portia, it's very interesting had a multiple standard deviation change between tests. I think a little maturity and the right tester may help DD to feel more comfortable next time and allow to do better. This was solely for ASD eval and she had never seen the tester in her life. Her fine motor skills are questionable. Her teacher says that her handwriting is very sloppy. She is not very competent dressing herself, but I can't even get her to try. We are starting OT Monday, so maybe we can sort some of that out.