Has anyone requested the results from an IQ test you had taken as a child? I'm wondering if I should after all these years (I'm not even sure if it's possible though.) I took one in the summer before 3rd or 4th grade, and the next school year I started going to a "gifted class" once a week. My parents never shared the test results with me, and I wasn't told that the reason why I was in the gifted program was due to my scores. I've been curious for a long time about what my scores were, and think if I knew it would validate my "giftedness." (Yes, I have issues believing I'm actually gifted since I was told throughout school that it was probably a mistake, I wasn't "that" smart, or that I probably cheated.)

Another reason I'd like to know is to help with my son. I see myself in him all the time, and at a young age I suspected he might be gifted too. However, when he was tested in school, he just scored average. He has issues with boredom in school, and he seems to release his frustrations on us when he gets home, so I've been taking him to see a child psychologist for behavioral therapy (after his initial evaluation and a few meetings he was diagnosed with ADHD and ODD.) I've spoken to his therapist about how I think he may be gifted too, and that I was in the gifted program as a child, but when she asked if I knew my results, I felt incomplete telling her that I didn't. She said that it didn't really matter, but I can't help but think I should know this information.
Should I try to get the results from my test if I can? I'm just wondering what everyone thinks.