mom2R&R, I had the same question two months ago - whether to test DS7 (6 years old at the time). I posted my question and concerns on the forum. Most of the responses suggested that we should test him for the reasons of knowing his strengths and weaknesses, more equipped to advocate in school and a chance to get in DYS (and the benefits after joining).

We finally decided to have him tested in December when he was at 6 year 10 mos, and we do not regret it a bit. We thought he was gifted but didn't think he was "DYS qualifited" gifted. We found out his very strong areas and his relatively moderate areas. We now have one more tool to advocate to the school instead of just saying he's advanced. Now we can also apply for the DYS :-).

My DS7 only took the WISC-V but did receive a full report from the psych and a brief interview with the psych for social and personality development review since we had concerns for his social skills. The cost was $525 for everything. So I would suggest you get something like what we did if you don't have concerns on 2e and other issues. Your cost would be much less than $2K.