Originally Posted by LAF
I don't want to put him in a once a week class because I think we need to work faster and more intensively than that. Plus he is smart, I think he can pick it up really quick so long as I'm super clear about what is happening.

You've received a lot of great advice - I'll just add one thing. My ds had a really tough time making friends in elementary school, due to issue with speech (some expressive language, some related to pragmatic speech). I have invested a ton of time working directly with him to practice social skills, but really what helped most was having the input of professionals in addition to my experience parenting him. Both were really critical. I realize a once-a-week class sounds slow, so does once-per-week therapy, but I wouldn't discount the tremendous it might make for a child who is 2e and might actually need some very specific skill-oriented training. It's just not always that clear-cut and easy to figure out as a parent. That doesn't mean that you don't work with your child - just means that getting that extra input from a professional working with your child was invaluable for us. YMMV of course smile

Best wishes,

polarbear