I haven't been around in quite some time since my kids have been getting older and doing well. But we've run into a problem and I'm hoping someone here might be able to help figure out what's going on.

DD14 (IQ 149) is in 10th grade and advanced a year into Pre-calc. She early entranced K (early September bday) and then skipped a grade in early elementary. Math was always her best subject and finally she was further advanced one grade in Math. She has always done awesome in Math, loved math, and never was really challenged in Math through Geometry (so, for two years after the math grade advancement). A straight-A student.

Last year she had a tough year with a new chronic medical condition and medication issues that we didn't discover until spring (drowsiness in class) and a friend issue to boot, although she was generally happy. She was in Algebra 2 and all of a sudden got a C in math both semesters. Now we've got her medical condition and medication under control and she is in Pre-calc and is again having trouble. She seems to understand setting up the problems and gets the concepts but is somehow messing up too many calculations toward the end of problems. It's her test grades that are terrible.

Any idea what could make her go suddenly from an A math student who doesn't have to put in much effort to a C math student? BTW: she's still having a relatively easy time getting As in all her other classes and she's happy socially. Any thoughts? TIA!

She thought she could, so she did.