Platypus, I've tried him on eBooks before, but it seems to be that there's just too much text - maybe it's that it's all together/too close together and there's not enough white space to give his eyes a break?

The mystery continues - I'd been reading a chapter or so of HP1 to him each night last week - over the weekend he said he couldn't sleep and then finished the book... after checking in with him and doing a comprehension exercise (multiple choice so low-stress and quick), he admitted to skipping most of the last three chapters. He's desperate to watch the movie though, and because I know he's really sensitive, I wanted him to have the self-filtered version his imagination creates from reading before dealing with the movie graphics. But I think the temptation was too great and he just wanted to be able to watch the movie...

The thing is now I'm not sure if the comprehension level was better because he's interested, or because it's multiple choice and it's providing the vocabulary he may not otherwise have been able to piece together himself?

In general though, I do feel his comprehension was better for this than it's been in some time.

So. Hmm. Still not sure. I've been referred to someone to ask who we should see as it seems the neuropsychs here deal mostly with brain injuries and not much in terms of global assessments/evaluations as described here.

“...million-to-one chances crop up nine times out of ten.”
-Terry Pratchett