Why don't you ask her to estimate how much time each task takes her in the morning (and write it down), then measure the time she actually takes (and the order) for a week or so? She might figure out the issue on her own that way.

This is what we started working on last night.

I think perhaps someone on this site told us about the "Home Routine" app. What a great invention! You can create the morning and evening schedule down to the tiniest detail.

I looked for this very app, but they don't have it for Android. If anyone can recommend a simialr app for Android, I'm all ears.

I'm thinking about introducing a motivator, too. I really hate saying goodbye to her on a sour note. frown So I'd love to get this part of the day sorted. It's different than it used to be since no one is driving her to school. I think that's good in a way, but there is more stress in other ways since there's no drop-dead WE ARE LEAVING thing to motivate her (before, DH was under time pressure to get to work as well, so there was zero wiggle room, and she knew it).

I say just tell child you aren't going to yell or nag anymore and present them with the tools they need (clocks, watches, kitchen timers, check lists) and maybe practice on Saturday and Sunday...then explain that the child has the ability and tools needed and step back.

I would like to do this but I don't think she's quite there. Her executive functioning weaknesses are coming to the fore this year as middle school starts, though I also understand that many kids struggle with this at first. I didn't check anything or watch anything homework-wise for the first few weeks of school because I hadn't had to do that for a few years in elementary, and it was not a good scene. A big part of me feels frustrated and wants to just say--if you're late, you're late!--but as I watch her, the competencies don't seem to be in place, and she needs a slower ramp-up.