Wow. So many great responses. Thank you all for so much support.

Indigo: I will *definitely* check the book out, it sound like a good resource. Her pediatrician is a very good explainer too, and told her her digestive track has many more nerve endings than her brain...

Cookie--I loved journaling at that age! She has told me she is concerned someone would read her journal. Any advice?

Polar Bear, I suffer from (head) migraines, and my DD has also, I suspected that her issues might be abdominal migraines at times.

Connecting Dots, Yoga is on the list, I just need to carve out the room to do it.

Pemberly, oh gosh, what an ordeal. I am concerned something like this may be going on too... she has a history of asthma, as do I, and I have a history of bile and gastric reflux : ( My DD has also responded very well to PPI and Ulcer medicine. We had a stretch of 10 weeks of waking every morning at 5-6 a.m. extremely nauseated (every day) and vomitting 3-4 times a week during these episodes. The PPI and ulcer medicine has completely changed things for us. We have yet to see a gastroenterologist. My DD is a bit doctor phobic and extremely needle phobic. Ugh. Not sure if this episode is related except that her GI system seems to be the epicenter of her medical and psychological issues... I am so sorry for all you had to go through with your daughter.

My daughter does not experience pain. Just extreme nausea, discomfort, and vomiting. With extreme stress, GI issues on the other end too. And, she worries about getting sick too now. She used to swim competitively, and was a really gifted swimmer, but the stress of meets was too much for her.