Originally Posted by SFrog
Our DDs acceleration meeting was on the last day of the school year. She was approved for a skip, but we had the whole summer to make our final decision. When we first approached our DD, she was against the skip, but we told her to not make any decisions and think about it. Not even a month later (and with out any prompting by us) she came up to us and said she thought about it and decided she was ready.

In hindsight, I am happy we involved DD in the decision making and that she bought into it so easily. Had she kept being resistant, we probably would have had to step up and make the decision to do it anyway.

Best of luck,
--S.F.

Good advice, thanks you. I ended up chatting to DD last night who was quite pleased at the prospect of year 1 being a little too easy for her and didn't see why she needed a challenge anyway. However after realising they did science in year 2 (I hope) she was ready for the challenge. I told her school was supposed to be medium hard for her so that's what we are going for. We have the weekend to make a final decision...