Thank you all so much for your input. The meeting was not at all what I expected. Even though the principal, counselor, and regular teacher had signed the IEP paperwork as attendees, they were not present. It was just me and the gifted teacher. My son was there for the first half. When I asked about a full day, she said that she has a full time job in another town, and the most she can do is two hours a week. So I guess this is her side job? I don't know, but that was disappointing. When I mentioned subject acceleration, she said that they don't do that. They don't do academic acceleration at all; just fine arts enrichment. I insisted that my son needs single subject acceleration, even if it is provided in his regular classroom while the rest of the class is doing something else. The example I gave was that he never has to take the spelling tests, so he is told to turn his paper over and draw on the back. To me, that is a time when he should be given some accelerated material instead of just being left to languish. During that time, he should be given some higher-level spelling words to learn. It would only require the teacher to hand him a worksheet. She said that she will look into the different class schedules and see if he could sit in on any other classes, and that she will get back to me. She was very surprised at how prepared I was and all the questions I asked, and she actually asked me, "Who have you been talking to?"