Thank you for accepting me to the forum. My son just turned 8 and is in 3rd grade. All of his test scores are in the 99th percentile. They didn't send me the test scores. They just told me that over the phone. The lady I spoke with also wouldn't say what his IQ score was; just that it was "well above the threshold." His reading level is 8th grade. I'm not sure about math, but he has always been ahead by at least a couple of grade levels, breezes through it, and he understands some basic algebra. He was homeschooled until last year, when he decided he wanted to go to public school. He has been accepted to the gifted program, and the first IEP meeting is in two weeks. I want to be prepared to ask all the right questions and get him everything he needs. I am worried about the amount of time they are planning to allow him. According to him, he will only be getting about an hour a week. He said, "She's going to come on Thursdays after afternoon recess," so that only leaves about an hour before school lets out. I was in a gifted program from 1st through 12th, and I always got bussed to another school one day a week for a full day of G&T education. This is a smaller school district with only one gifted teacher who travels to 4 different schools, so she will be traveling to his school, and he will be her only student, but I don't understand why it would be such a small amount of time. Can I insist that he get a full day at the IEP development meeting? And how do you handle reading when everything is going to be beyond the maturity level of the child? Please advise. Thank you so much.