My husband's job just offered him to relocate to either Boston or Minneapolis. We will stay for at least a year, possibly much longer. Initially, I thought Boston/New England seemed like the obvious choice but after doing some research I am not so sure any more. Our 8 year old, PG kid is grade accelerated to primary years 4, and further subject accelerated to primary years 5 in math. In Minneapolis there is the "Navigator" program (public/free) for IQ 145 +, grade 2-5 (7-11 yo) where they seem to allow the students to accelerate beyond grade levels. After the elementary years I am not so sure what they can offer. In Boston I have found one private (very expensive) school that caters to the group 130+ and nothing else for gifted (based on IQ). On the other hand, the general view seems to be that in Boston a large proportion of the kids are either PG or HG. Does anyone have experience with PG elementary kid in Boston/Minneapolis and/or Navigator program or schools in Boston? Any advice is highly appreciated.