Communication with my dd12 is still a struggle. I'm beginning to get frustrated but I know she can't help it.

The first issue is I can tell her something, check for clarification/understanding, she walks away and asks "What am I supposed to do?".

Second, her language comprehension seems off (oral and written). I can't really describe it, we just have a lot of miscommunication where if I'm not overly specific with her she misunderstands/misinterprets.

I don't know if something more is going on with her language comprehension/processing, if it's a part of dyslexia, or if it's neurotypical for her age. Compared to her sister who is 9 she seems behind in these skills. Perhaps I don't have a clear idea of what is normal for a 12 yo since dd9 has an FSIQ of 149, granted her VCI was only 124.

I just would like answers but I'm sure the school can't do an in-depth enough eval to dissect if there is an issue. And dh won't pay for any more outside testing after the money we spent in 2012 to have Children's test her for dyslexia. Also, because last time we paid the first school SPED disregarded our test results and so we run the risk of that happening again.

Last edited by mountainmom2011; 10/06/15 12:43 PM.