Originally Posted by howdy
#3) Does it matter that the parents understand the situation for which kid moved grades? When I am asked now, I just say the school decided that this was the best arrangement for now and then I shrug my shoulders and change the topic.

#1) Your daughter will probably find that some kids are like these ones at the concert and some will be so excited to see her. Kids move in and out of friendships all throughout school. It can be as simple as not being in the same homeroom that causes these shifts. Just continue to encourage her to socialize at school and school events and activities.
No, it doesn't matter what the parents think about acceleration - I was just surprised to find that they were making the assumption that DD11 flunked! I have explained so much about acceleration that it's become second nature to me. A good shrug is very handy!! grin
I posted the friendship story because DD had appeared to be making new friends easily which usually does not happen. It just tore my heart out to see that she really missed her old friend in elementary. She later told me that that particular friend liked activities that other friends don't care for.
Anyway, I was curious to hear from other parents and their kids' journeys through acceleration.