Originally Posted by EmmaL
I still need bright colored (no pastels) post its by the front door for my reminders and I need bright highlighters to assist. Ridiculous post its, such as water, phone, earbuds, keys, purse and sunglasses. I beat myself over why I can't remember mundane stuff. I really need to absorb that I overload on too much mundane info. Learning about my 2e DS has really help my own self-worth and CBT skills, but I still have a long way to go. I also make an assigned place for stuff. If I need to run to the bathroom when I enter, I must return to the front door when I finish and not get distracted. Otherwise, I can't find my keys in the morning.
I use post-its on the front door, too, and can never find my keys!

The most embarrassing incident was the time I walked into a restaurant, paid for my carry-out order, and left without the food.

At least it does help me understand my poor absent-minded-professor DS.
Originally Posted by Nautigal
Fortunately for them, I'm no good at remembering things, either, so I do understand. I remember vividly my days of standing by my locker at the end of the day, mentally going over each class to see which books I needed to take home, and making sure I had my coat, and my boots, etc. I had to do that checklist or it was hopeless.
I'm impressed you remembered to go to your locker! smile

When DS was in elementary, I used to place bets on how long the lunchbox would last. We usually switched to brown bags about a month or so into the year.

Also, a regular part of the routine was searching the school's lost and found box for his outerwear.

There are so many things they have to remember! I recall trying to explain to my parents they shouldn't be angry with me for forgetting things--because when you forget, you just...forget. It's a hard thing to convey to people without these issues. Kind of like trying to prove a negative.

The checklist sounds like a great idea. I hope the new teacher is receptive and will help your DS remember to use it!