This may turn out to be the best thing for your kids and you! I also wholeheartedly agree that you should take some time to have fun and read and see what is available in your community. Don't jump into a standard curriculum and make everyone miserable. My son is 8 and also 2e. We pulled him out of school in first grade and sanded up basically unschooling. Currently he is interested in coding. Before it had been the Apollo program and space, world history and wars, and of course Minecraft and video games. He plays baseball and loves his kung fu classes.

I do sometimes have him do a bit of writing practice as he has major problems with handwriting. The school special ed person said he is probably going to do best typing and using technology and not to stress handwriting. Impossible I his old ps setting.
We are having a great time homeschooling although it does not look the way I thought it would (doing "school at home"). We gave up on the idea of following curriculum. He learns so much anyway and we aren't making ourselves miserable.