Originally Posted by ElizabethN
If your daughter has face-to-face classes (or even if she doesn't, actually), take a look at the HOPS program for teaching executive skills. It is research-backed, and designed to teach kids in middle school who have troubles in this area. It is somewhat expensive, but I was able to get a copy through interlibrary loan to "try before I buy." It is a very structured, week-by-week plan that doesn't try to do everything at once, and is designed to fit with teachers' and administrators' busy schedules. Even if it needs to be modified to fit your online school model, having a starting place to modify from sounds like it would be useful.

Good luck.
I hadn't even thought of inter-library loan! Great tip--thank you.

I'm looking at the HOPS program, too, mountainmom, but was hesitating because of the price (and my mountain of only somewhat useful books). Maybe we can share war stories...I mean tips...as the year progresses. It sounds like our children have similar challenges with organization. It's a really difficult problem, and hard to watch helplessly as they TRY so hard but can't get the darned assignments submitted!

Last edited by eco21268; 09/08/15 03:56 PM.