I'm going to echo what HowlerKarma and black at wrote. In summary, the only way you'll win here (i.e. ensure that your daughter learns the material) is to not play the game.

My daughter was given a miserable algebra book last year. You may find as time progresses that it's not just that the answers are wrong, but the material is presented in a mixed-up out-of-order way that confuses students.

In our case, I met with the school and convinced them to let me teach her out of a decent book (Brown Algebra 1 supplemented with stuff I put together and AOPS books). The school lets her watch Khan videos and do Khan problems. Khan is at least mathematically correct in its approach and the problems are rarely wrong (and they ask yountontell them if they are). Would your daughter's school be open to that? Or could you not play the game at all and blow them off?

Your daughter will likely do better with you acting as a co-learner while going through a well-thought-out curriculum than going through what you've described without really being taught anyway.

The sad reality is that students don't learn mathematics from these kinds of corporatized materials. By this, I mean that Big Ed companies hire underpaid semi-knowledgable contractors to write the books, and their ignorance, combined with deadline pressure, ends in the mess you're experiencing. I'm a math book collector, and have seen this problem again and again. It's the rule right now (hence HK's note about getting OLD books).

Have you tried a tutoring device like the Mathnasium?