Actually, I re-looked at your email and had missed something that was stated - he already has an accommodation that allows him to not take a third language - so I'd recommend thinking through all those things I said above, but also sending the email today but state it this way:

"It was a pleasure to speak with you yesterday. I have attached DS14's neuro-psyche results. DS14 was diagnosed with a DSM IV 315.32 Mixed Receptive-Expressive Language Disorder, by Hx. DS14's current IESP exempts him from a third language, but he is scheduled to take "xxx" in addition to "xxx". I suspect this is simply an oversight. Will his schedule be updated to follow his IEP before school starts on "xxx".

If we need to meet prior to the start of school in order to make this change, please let me know a date/time you are available to meet. If a meeting isn't possible at this point in time, we can discuss the schedule change via phone conference.

Thank you,

YOU"

polarbear

ps - I would leave out your current ending: "We all know DS14 is smart and capable; however, he does have a disability protected under the IDEA Act that XYZ school should reasonably accommodate."

IF you don't get an appropriate response to your request of a schedule change, then I'd use the part of the sentence addressing IDEA in a follow-up reply. I wouldn't mention the smart and capable part - as you said, everyone knows that already. Just focus on the disability and his legal rights.

Last edited by polarbear; 09/04/15 11:24 AM.