Thank you for the advice. Unfortunately, the grade skip was negotiated with different people from those who handle the gifted program. They use the KBIT-2 and checklists from teachers and parents with no hard cutoff. Instead, a committee reviews the applications and makes a recommendation for each child. So there can be quite a bit of subjectivity, for good or bad.

I wrote what I hope is a polite letter requesting that they consider his disability in assessing him and saying that I hope that 2e kids are welcome in the program.

I will add the information about letting him have the accommodations from his IEP for testing. I know there was concern about that invalidating the test previously, but maybe they could at least consider it in advance and then evaluate the scores with the knowledge of whether he had accommodations. I wish I could get his IEP evaluation changed so it didn't look like he lacked skills (it says very clearly that he has average intelligence and academic abilities while his teachers have all said otherwise).

He did relatively well on the ITBS last spring by grade (not age), but I know that is basic skills and may not help.

Last edited by apm221; 08/22/15 11:35 AM.