2e DD10 is a musical theater kid - no one can really understand how she is able to do it given all her challenges but we have been told it's important to keep her in it so that has been our summer. 3 full scale musical productions - one in June, one in July and one in August. (Just last week she was cast for a fall production too. Rehearsals for that start 2 days after this last show wraps up.)

Juggling rehearsals for 2 shows at a time most of the summer with theater companies 20-30 minutes from home, each in different directions. There was a week where one rehearsed 3 hours in the afternoons and the other 3 hours the same evening... I thought it was insane but DD loved it. The next week started a 3 week theater/arts camp (with its own smaller scale show - sure why shouldn't the profoundly LD kid be able to remember an additional 5-6 songs and dances while in the midst of rehearsals for 2 full scale shows at the same time? Why should that be a problem? Apparently it wasn't...) So she has had a bunch of 13 hour days filled with camp 9-4 and rehearsal or performances in the evenings, eating dinner in the car as we drive between them. She is in heaven. Absolute heaven!

We also combined a vacation with a Harry Potter theater camp - rented a house on the beach. DD spent her days learning spells and making boggarts and then spent her evenings digging clams and exploring the beach. Again... In heaven.

Also managing to work in VT just about every day and having spectacular results as discussed on the VT page. I have been trying to work in as much relaxing and normal kid time as possible so some evening swim/play dates on the rare evenings without a rehearsal or performance. Recently spent the weekend at a revolutionary war reenactment so DD has decided she wants to join a reenactment group and plans to use it for her enrichment project this fall.

Last summer she really enjoyed sleeping late but this summer she is saying "I want to accomplish something." I'll have to remind her of that in a few weeks when that morning alarm starts going off. But for now just really enjoying watching her enjoying it all. smile