Originally Posted by eco21268
Originally Posted by DeeDee
Eco, do you have a Children's hospital anywhere in the region? You need an expert prescriber.

Some people find that Intuniv can be combined with lower doses of stimulants. But you need an expert to help you with this.
DeeDee--The closest is 300 miles away. We did go this route with eldest, but a lot of circumstances have changed since then and not sure it's realistic. It seems to be quite difficult to get information from a distance.

When you say expert prescriber, do you mean developmental MD (pediatrician/psychiatrist)? Are there med issues specific to developmental disorders? How do I learn more about those?
If we can't find an expert prescriber, what is the least-worst option?

You want someone who has a lot of experience prescribing these particular drugs to children and adolescents. Someone who knows "this drug works best for this particular EF symptom but not that one; if this one causes side effects I'll go for this next" with clear reasons for their choices.

We have a developmental pediatrician. A pediatric/adolescent psychiatrist who specializes in ASD would probably do too.

Least-worst would be a pediatrician who will go the extra mile and do some research or consult with an expert by phone.

I will PM you.