I read up on the CA law. What a hard-line mess for a gifted or advanced child who happens to be born after Sept. 1. You have the advantage of test results that show that your child is outside the norm. It's very reasonable to go into the meeting asking what they would propose given the situation. Personally, I would be positive and go in with an attitude of "how can we meet this child's atypical educational needs together?" Then see what happens. It's really a roll of the proverbial dice. So much depends on the superintendent. I would try to get it handled outside the school board, though. No sense involving people who don't know your child nor are likely to understand highly gifted children in this decision if you don't have to...

Is the funding piece for the full school year? Or does the school get the money beginning at the time he turns five? It looks as though enrolling him at five in Feb. would be possible... can you get a copy of the fall curriculum to go through with him ahead of time? The whole think seems odd, but no one ever said laws make sense all the time.

Last edited by ConnectingDots; 07/01/15 08:24 AM.